Furnaces and Heating Systems
Vast improvements in technology have given us many choices for heating systems that may not have been available when your present furnace was installed. The summary below should help you understand what is available today.
Furnaces are available in two basic categories, 80% and 90%+ condensing furnaces. Efficiency is measured by a term referred to as AFUE. AFUE stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. AFUE is the standard by which manufacturers rate the efficiency of their furnaces.
View The Lennox Showroom
Our Recommended Furnaces
Thanks to new technological enhancements, the 98% Efficient Lennox SLP98 furnace constantly monitors and automatically adjusts fan speed, heat and airflow capacity demands to match the space requirements of your home – without over-conditioning or wasting energy. It goes beyond typical low and high two-stage operation, varying output from 35% to 100% in increments of 1%. Because the SLP98 is so precise, your home stays perfectly comfortable on milder days, the coldest days, and every day in between.
- 96% Variable-Speed Furnace – This is a two-stage furnace with a variable speed motor. The variable speed technology will also add up to a full SEER point on the efficiency of you air conditioning system.
- 92-94% Two-Speed Gas Furnace – As in the 80% two-speed furnaces these furnaces run at the lower speed most of the time saving energy dollars, keeping the house more comfortable, and remaining quiet while heating your home.
- 90-92% Gas Furnace – These are the industry’s entry-level furnaces into the high efficiency market. These are very dependable furnaces and the most basic condensing furnaces available. Condensing furnaces pull extra heat out of the combustion products that normally go up the flue and are wasted to the atmosphere. 90% furnaces are much better for the environment and generally have a lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger.
- 80% Variable-Speed Gas Furnace – These furnaces are even more effective at minimizing temperature differences in the home and are the quietest furnaces available when in the low heat setting. The reason variable speed furnaces are so popular is the amount of money they will save on an energy bill. The energy efficient blower motor is up to ten times more efficient than a standard furnace blower motor and will save up to $300 a year on electricity costs with continuous blower operation.
- 80% Two-Speed Gas Furnace – This furnace changes speeds as the demand varies. Two-speed furnaces generally run on low speed 60 – 80% of the time. The low speed setting allows the furnace to run longer, more efficiently and quieter. Longer run times help to minimize the temperature differences existing in the home.
- 80% Gas Furnace – This is the lowest efficiency allowed by federal regulations and is the most basic furnace available.
If you live in Colorado near the areas of Fort Collins, Greeley, Longmont, Loveland, Windsor, or anywhere in Northern Colorado, give us a call today to learn more or purchase one of our heating systems!
Ask Us About Our Recommended Furnaces and Heating Systems