Whether spring blows in with a blizzard or wafts in with warm breezes and lilacs blooming, it comes every year with the promise of renewal and….the urge to clean. This impulse doesn’t mean you have to take every item out of your house and clean your baseboards to a shine but it feels good to spruce up inside and out to get ready for the summer season ahead.
There are a few easy things you can do to get ready for a season of flip flops, picnics, and pool time. First, we’ll start with the inside of your house. The tasks could be endless so just use our list and you’ll be ready to host a summer BBQ and spend your free time enjoying the beautiful Colorado weather in no time.
- Shampoo the carpets—rent a carpet cleaning machine if you don’t have one but do a deep clean of all carpets in your house to get that winter dirt and grime out so you can sit and eat corn on the cob in peace.
- Clean all windows and vacuum out the windowsills to get rid of dust and debris that’s collected over the winter.
- Wash window blinds and all window coverings so you can let the sun shine in without peering at dust.
Now, for the outside of your house. Here’s a quick checklist to help you get through the chores painlessly.
- Rinse off your screens so they’re dust and debris free and won’t blow in the dust you’ve spent hours vacuuming away on the inside.
- Power wash your deck so you can see that beautiful stain you spent many weekends doing last spring. If you didn’t stain it last year, give it a coat this year to protect it from the sun rays that will be turning your skin a golden bronze color all summer.
- Get your air conditioning system tuned up before those 90 degree days hit without warning.
According to the Old Farmer’s Almanac, this summer in Northern Colorado will be warmer than normal which means beating the rush to get your air conditioning unit up and running is important so you’re not left sweating inside your house.
The dust and debris from Colorado’s winter storms can clog up vents and your outdoor air conditioning system leaving it less than up to par for usage all summer long. Leave the vents and your A/C cleaning and A/C tune up to a professional. They’ll have you ready to enjoy the warm summer days admiring your hard spring cleaning work before heading inside to bask in the cool air of a perfect 72 degrees.
Time to trade in your wool socks for flip flops and get ready for summer!