Why is it hot in your home even when the air conditioner is ON? If you are sweating and almost suffocating just to find that cool breeze of air then your air conditioner might be broken. There are several things that can go wrong with your air conditioner, so knowing what the problems are and how to solve them ahead of time can save you a lot of time and money in the long run. Here are the top 5 most common air conditioner problems that people encounter when it comes to their air conditioners:
- Unclean Air Filter – Air filters need to be cleaned or replaced regularly. Dust particles and residue may clog up the filter reducing air flow. This will reduce the functionality of your unit and may just eat up more electricity.
- Wrong Sized Equipment – Using materials that are not compatible with your devices increases the risks of damage. Before buying parts or replacing parts, make sure that they are compatible for use and fit.
- Refrigerant Leaks – This problem is very common. With leaks on your unit, it will not be able to function normally and produce cool air otherwise it may produce hot air that is not what you want in the first place.
- Sensor Issues – Your AC is equipped with the latest technologies including a sensor. If the sensor is broken or damaged, your unit might not be able to turn OFF or ON. The thermostat will also not be able to identify what the temperature is at the moment and will have no way to regulate itself while needlessly consuming energy. Obviously, this will add to your bills significantly and may leave you wondering why your bill is going up.
- Drainage Problems – This problem can produce problems for both your unit and your home. Water may begin to drain through your unit and pool in the house. With the condensation pump broken, the unit’s productivity can deteriorate and consume a lot of electricity as well.
Taking proper care of your air conditioner can minimize the risks of these problems to arise. Remember, it is much more expensive to buy a new unit rather than spend a little time in cleaning and caring for your air conditioner. American Air can assist you with repairing your AC units. Contact us today to arrange an appointment!