If your old air conditioner is broken and you want to upgrade to a newer model, you might want to know what the most important things to look for are when buying an air conditioner. This will save you a lot of time in looking as well as money since this purchase will certainly not be cheap at all.
Since buying an air conditioner is no small feat, you need to be sure that it will be worth every penny you pay for. Here are 5 important things your new air conditioner should do for you to ensure you’re getting your money’s worth:
- Cost/Budget: Buying a top of the line air conditioner is not going to work for you if you cannot afford it in the first place. Canvas what air conditioner fits your budget best and choose one that also fits your requirements. The AC should also have good life expectancy as well as a warranty in case it breaks down. If you don’t mind making a monthly payment, consider applying for a payment plan to help with the purchase. Always buy from a trustworthy brand or a contractor you trust.
- Size: Whether it is a small or large AC, choose one that best fits the size of your home, its structure, and your climate. This will help your AC cool your home adequately.
- Energy Consumption/SEER Value: Almost half of the energy used in a home is taken up by heating and cooling appliances. So when you choose a new air conditioner, choose one that utilizes less energy to operate but efficient enough to provide you with proper cooling. Aim for a high SEER value. SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio and is the accepted industry standard unit for efficiency measurement. The higher the SEER rating, the more efficient your AC will be.
- Features: A good AC should have the proper features like a programmable thermostat and a remote control for complete flexibility on demand. A good air conditioner should also not be too noisy as this will quickly become a hassle for both you and your neighbors.
- Easy To Install: The new AC you buy must be user friendly. It should be easy to install, arrange, and fit your existing duct work. The unit should also be easy to clean and maintain as the filter and pipes might get clogged with dirt so a unit that can be easy maintained will provide a better cooling capability.
For more information on what to look for when purchasing an air conditioner, contact American Air today. We offer a complete line of excellent units from Lennox and Armstrong. We serve all areas of Northern Colorado including Loveland, Fort Collins, Eaton, Greeley and Estes Park.